Friday, February 12, 2010

How do I control (on/off) an electronic valve/solenoid from a mile away/?

I am building a private unmanned aerial vehicle and I need to figure out what i need to operate an on/off solenoid valve from a far distance. As of right now, testing will begin around a 1 mile range. I am a mechanical engineer and my electronic knowledge is not extensive. thanks for any help in advance.How do I control (on/off) an electronic valve/solenoid from a mile away/?
I don't know what your budget is. You could use a RC radio control and the switching circuits, perhaps.





Otherwise, a small low powered transmitter and receiver with a DTMF encoder / decoder (to avoid spurious triggering).How do I control (on/off) an electronic valve/solenoid from a mile away/?
Take a feed out of a mobile phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment